We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Car Rental

Which Durban hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Level Contributor
5 posts
22 reviews
Save Topic
Car Rental

Hello,

I am wanting to rent a car during our stay. It is cheaper to rent and return from the airport. However, we will have already arrived by the time we pick up the car. Is anyone familiar with the King Shaka International Airport ? Can we take the hotel shuttle back to the airport and rent the car without having come off of a plane? Thanks in advance for your response :)

Harare, Zimbabwe
Level Contributor
807 posts
248 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Car Rental

If you are not too far from the airport ask the hire company if they will drop the car off for you - so companies will.

Northampton, United...
Level Contributor
1,759 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Car Rental

Hello, I used King Shaka a few times. You should search to see if there is a car hire company near to you or ask the hotel if you can use their shuttle. I assume you will be staying in Durban?

Mark - Owner - SafariKZN

Level Contributor
5 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Car Rental

There is an Avis somewhat near us, I may just do this instead of risking it at the airport. Thanks for the response. Oh and yes, we will be in Durban.

Northampton, United...
Level Contributor
1,759 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Car Rental

Have a great time and if you are looking for things to do in KwaZulu Natal please take a look at my site.

Mark - Owner - SafariKZN

Isle of Wight...
Level Contributor
978 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Car Rental

There are a number of car hire firms at King Shaka, I expect you could arrange to drop off your car at the airport quite easily. It is quite a way out of Durban. Not sure about hotel shuttles, maybe enquire at your specific hotel? I have stayed in the better Durban hotels and have not noticed a shuttle service available I may be wrong. We used Thrifty (booked online in the UK) and found it to be significantly cheaper than Avis, Hertz, etc, for the same type of car. Enjoy!

Italy
Level Contributor
39,484 posts
207 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Car Rental

Check out www.carhire3000.com we got great rates from them, you only know who you are renting from when you complete your booking but they only use the big companies like Hertz etc. We picked the hire car up in Cape Town city and dropped it off at the airport.

We paid 24.42 euro per day for a medium sized car inclusive of insurance.

7. Re: Car Rental

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, March 26, 2014