We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Umhlanga or Ballito

Ireland
Level Contributor
418 posts
68 reviews
Save Topic
Umhlanga or Ballito

Hi, we hope to visit here next February for a beach break for 4 nights. Which resort would you recommend ? We are in our early fifties and like a location where we can park the car and walk to restaurants, shops, the beach etc. Hectic nightlife not essential. Thinking of the Teremok or Coco de Mer. Any advice would be welcome.

Many thanks,

HG7

Auckland
Level Contributor
112 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Umhlanga or Ballito

don't worry as I think the comment was lighthearted. I spelt Umhlanga wrong!

London, United...
Level Contributor
28 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Umhlanga or Ballito

Just to add (spelling mistakes aside.....) that I am currently staying in Umhlanga on my first trip to Durban and its really wonderful! The shops, restaurants, beach etc are all walking distance, it's relaxed, easy and vibrant all at the same time. If you need anything you can't buy, Gateway Shopping Centre is a short drive away (a firm favourite with my kids as the weather right now is not beach weather most of the time) with everything there you could possibly need.

We're absolutely loving our time here, and I'm sure in February when the weather will be a lot warmer you would really enjoy it if you decide to come and stay here.

Sonia

Castleford, United...
Level Contributor
121 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Umhlanga or Ballito

We stayed at Teremok Marine and was excellent! If you're staying at Umhlanga, then I would recommend there....you can go out and they come pick you up - brilliant service.

14. Re: Umhlanga or Ballito

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, July 18, 2013