We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Grahamstown to Durban by road - good places to stay en route

London, United...
Level Contributor
28 posts
38 reviews
Save Topic
Grahamstown to Durban by road - good places to stay en route

I plan to visit my daughter in Rhodes, then we and my two small children (age 4 & 5) will head to Durban. Given the ages of the little ones, I am happy to do this journey slowly and also see some of the places on the way.

Can anyone recommend a few good, child friendly places to stay on the way - preferably not too expensive? This will be the first time my little ones have left Kenya as the adoption process combined with delays in getting their passports had left us unable to leave the country for quite some time! So, it's an exciting experience for us all, but also want to make sure where we stay is good for the kids!

Thanks

Shelly Beach, South...
Level Contributor
255 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Grahamstown to Durban by road - good places to stay en route

Your first stop could be just North of East London at Gonubie or Cintsa, or if you can go a little further out of your way the Morgans Bay Hotel is a lovely family type hotel.

Port St John’s is another good option – Umngazi river bungalows are fantastic but a little pricey.

From there it’s 4 hours to the KZN South Coast which is a great family sea-side holiday destination,

With lots of affordable self-catering accommodation, Shelly Beach, Ramsgate and Uvongo are good areas to look in.

2. Re: Grahamstown to Durban by road - good places to stay en route

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:16 pm, June 20, 2013