We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

(street) photography in durban

Berlin, Germany
Level Contributor
6 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
(street) photography in durban

hi,

with all those safety issues, one might think it is impossible to do street photography in durban. what are your thoughts?

thanks

Port Elizabeth
Destination Expert
for South Africa
Level Contributor
6,513 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: (street) photography in durban

depends on which street

Berlin, Germany
Level Contributor
6 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: (street) photography in durban

I will be visiting Durban end of April and would love to take some (street) photos which is of course, not possible without having the camera in your hand :)

And that makes me a tourist and a target - judging by what I've been reading here.

Any suggestions how and where to safely do that?

Edited: 1:13 pm, March 31, 2012
durban
Level Contributor
1,951 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: (street) photography in durban

My husband is a photographer and he is never without his camera, although there are places that he would not go alone with his camera. You can take photos however you must be aware of your surrounds, so if you go in to the heart of our city then it isn't wise to do this without a guide. Perhaps contact STreetScene Tours and they can take you on some of the out of the way non touristy places where you will have a local and support. But on the whole you will be fine, just be aware of your surrounds.

www.kimssouthafrica.blogspot.com

Edited: 2:09 pm, April 01, 2012
Berlin, Germany
Level Contributor
6 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: (street) photography in durban

Thanks a lot Kim.

As a photographer, you are always aware of your surrounds :)

5. Re: (street) photography in durban

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 3:05 pm, April 19, 2012
6. Re: (street) photography in durban

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:41 pm, June 19, 2013