We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Accommodation in Durban

Which Durban hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Nairobi
Level Contributor
74 posts
Save Topic
Accommodation in Durban

Any recommendations for good accommodation in Durban - not far from Durban Exhibition Centre?

Any suggestions well appreciated.

Pretoria
Level Contributor
1,042 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Accommodation in Durban

City lodge Durban 1km or less from the exhibition centre.

I would however, not stay in downtown Durban, in the area near the exhibition centre, if I was you.

Downtown has become a little run down in recent years.

I would stay north of Durban in Umhlanga Protea hotel. About 30-40 km drive but well worth it.

Pickering, United...
Level Contributor
3,298 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Accommodation in Durban

I see Navigator's point but coming from Kenya, it's a bit like saying don't stay in Mombasa but go to Diani beach instead.

Budget? Hilton is exhibition central but you'll pay for the privilege. City Lodge has a lot going for it and a good price. Guest houses in Morningside or Berea could also be an option. Have a browse:

safarinow.com/destinations/durban/BigEventVe…

durban
Level Contributor
1,951 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Accommodation in Durban

Morningside is a five minute drive to the exhibition centre and is a lovely colonial part of Durban with gorgeous bed and breakfasts and lovely restaurants etc. MyThai, Audacia Manor, The Quarters, The Neuk, McAllisters, Lindsay Loft Apartment, Rosetta Lodge, etc are all wonderful options. The Hilton is specifically for the Icc and City Lodge is nearby near the beach, The Elangeni is another lovely Hotel on the Durban beachfront and close to exhibition centre, Sun Coast Hotel is a fairly new hotel on Durban Beach Front. Lots of options just ask before you choose and we will advise you.

www.kimssouthafrica.blogspot.com

Nairobi
Level Contributor
74 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Accommodation in Durban

Thanks all for your help!:)

Durban, South Africa
5 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Accommodation in Durban

hi i found a self catering accommodtion impeccablle in marine parade no 27 at R700 for 4 people was low season try this web www.holidayflatsdbn.co.za it my help very neat accommodation self catering with all ameneties,next door is shopping centre,restaurants,walk in beach promenade,ushaka marine walk 7 minutes,hospital 4 minutes,etc no better location thn this

6. Re: Accommodation in Durban

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may repost if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 6:16 am, November 19, 2011
Cape Town Central...
Level Contributor
6 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Accommodation in Durban

LetsGoKenya, if you're looking for space for or before COP17 (I know we have a lot of Kenyans coming down for that!): There is a self-catering unit available on the beachfront, sleeping 6 max, for 19-26 Nov 2011 and for 26 Nov - 3 December. See www.seesa.ws .

Nairobi
Level Contributor
74 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Accommodation in Durban

Thanks, made a successful trip a while back. Ended up staying at a small and neat B & B called Umbrella Tree House.

Tremblay-En-France...
Level Contributor
6 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Accommodation in Durban

Hi lets go,

I will be in the same place in may 2012 for a Tour seminar.i will be waiting for your return to know the accommodation type.

Robert in Uganda

Thanks

10. Re: Accommodation in Durban

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:23 am, January 21, 2013