We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Durban - Where to go out and live it up for a week?

Which Durban hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Manchester, United...
2 posts
Save Topic
Durban - Where to go out and live it up for a week?

Hey,

I was looking for some intel on where to go out in Durban.

Me and a couple of mates are going out in June, and it would be good to know the areas/place to head to- decent bars, clubs, venues etc- whatever is 'hot' !

We know Johannesburg and the places where it jumps off on each evening of the night, but don't have any links to Durban and would be good to get advice from people in the know.

Th mindset is: three 25/30 year old gents who like the cafe culture, cocktails for breakfast, bars (some class, some grimey), just want to hit places with a buzz!

We're staying in Umhlanga......

OK, thanks everyone, look forward to hearing thoughts and suggestions. Make us have a great trip!!!

David, Manchester UK

durban
Level Contributor
1,951 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Durban - Where to go out and live it up for a week?

Morningside for sure. This is where all the young set hang out. Florida Road in Morningside is THE place for young people and you will meet many who will introduce you to the club seen. Sashas, Clapham, Wakka Matta are some of the places.

The George in Umhlanga and Hooters in Umhlanga and Raffles in Umhlanga.

www.kimssouthafrica.blogspot.com

Edited: 1:36 am, March 30, 2011
Durban, South Africa
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Durban - Where to go out and live it up for a week?

Hey David.

Are you still on your way to Durban. If so let me know and I will give you a full to do list on Florida Road. and some other things to do on our golden coast line.

Durban, South Africa
2 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Durban - Where to go out and live it up for a week?

HI David.

Are you still planning to visit Durban.

If so let me knwo and I will give you the latest on what to do on florida road.

or simply visit - www.floridaroad.co.za.

later.

Manchester, United...
2 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Durban - Where to go out and live it up for a week?

Hi,

Yeah we're still very much en route.

Appreciate any good shouts on things and places to go. Came out a year ago and pretty much just stayed in / had a few drinks in Umphlanga, so need to make a better go of it this time!

Cheers

Dave

5. Re: Durban - Where to go out and live it up for a week?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 pm, October 28, 2012