We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Nice guest house with seaview, perhaps north of Durban

Which Durban hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Pretoria
Level Contributor
1,042 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Nice guest house with seaview, perhaps north of Durban

Hi Durban experts

I might have to go to Durban for work later this week. Is there a 3 or 4 star guesthouse you can recommend with a seaview in Umhlanga or Ballito, or perhaps Morningside in Durbs itself?

Perhaps one close to the beach?

There are many I find on the Net, but is there any one you recommend in particular?.

I am currently looking at Royal Palms or La Lucia.

I like neat, old renovated colonial buildings to stay in (There are so many of them in Durbs!), but I can't seem to find one that's used as a guesthouse in the north.

Perhaps I should be looking at Morningside, hey?

BTW, isn't that where Shabir Shaik stays?!

Edited: 2:01 am, March 14, 2011
Castleford, United...
Level Contributor
121 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Nice guest house with seaview, perhaps north of Durban

Hello. We stayed at Teremok in UmHalanga Rocks - you can kind of see the sea, but the rooms were amazing, and the beaches lovely. There are reviews on Tripadvisor. We travel a lot, and found it one of the best hotels we've stayed in.

Pretoria
Level Contributor
1,042 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Nice guest house with seaview, perhaps north of Durban

Many thanks. Will look it up, Coffee and applepie

durban
Level Contributor
1,951 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Nice guest house with seaview, perhaps north of Durban

Hi Navigator, I am probably too late, but you won't find old colonial north of Durban, Morningside is your best bet. The Neuk, Mcallisters, The Quarters, Audacia Manor are some that are very good.

www.kimssouthafrica.blogspot.com

Pretoria
Level Contributor
1,042 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Nice guest house with seaview, perhaps north of Durban

Thanks in any case Proudly SA/Durban. Sorry to reply only now.

I am going to google your recommendations for end of July when my wife has a conference in Durban, I will be going along

5. Re: Nice guest house with seaview, perhaps north of Durban

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 pm, October 22, 2012