We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tropican Hotel

Worcester...
Level Contributor
21 posts
22 reviews
Save Topic
Tropican Hotel

My brother is staying at the tropicana. I heard that this is not in a good area. Whats the scoop on the tropicana?

durban
Level Contributor
1,951 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tropican Hotel

It is not the best part of the beach front and the hotel is not one of the better hotels, however the whole of the beachfront has had an upgrade post World Cup and so overall the position is fine. There are better options, but it is within walking distance to Ushaka Marine World and the beach promenade will take you from North to west and is a beautiful walk.

www.kimssouthafrica.blogspot.com

durban
Level Contributor
1,951 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Tropican Hotel

Oops did I say north to west, north to south beaches was what I meant.

www.kimssouthafrica.blogspot.com

Edited: 3:33 pm, August 28, 2010
Worcester...
Level Contributor
21 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Tropican Hotel

Thanks for your helpful information. It is best to hear from someone that is familiar with the area, because i have read a lot of scary stories that do not paint Durban in a good light. Like any city, one has to be aware of their surroundings, but some of these posts that I have read make it seem like we will be the only ones on the beach, and people will be there waiting to rob us..

I am glad that you give a reealisitc perspective of what to expect..

Lamont

4. Re: Tropican Hotel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:24 am, February 26, 2011