We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Usual weather for September

Which Durban hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Worcester...
Level Contributor
21 posts
22 reviews
Save Topic
Usual weather for September

I just wanted to get a feel for the weather for next month. Also, How is the Amphitheater Flea Market? I have heard a lot about it..

Are the beaches crowded this time of year, or is it too cool outside?

Thank you,

Lamont A, Slater

Boston, MA

durban
Level Contributor
1,951 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Usual weather for September

The beaches are not crowded at this time of year, except late September; 23rd 09 is when we have a short school break. Sep is the start of our rainy season, spring, so there will be some rain (hopefully, as we have had a very dry warm summer). The rains can bring cooler weather, but it is intermittent and generally doesn't last more than a day or so before it warms up again.

The Ampitheatre Market, is more of a junk market with some curios, it is no longer held at the Ampitheatre itself but on the grassy patch opposite North Beach. The Essenwood Saturday Market on the Berea is a much better market with some amazing things to see and do, from buskers in the park, African Curios and beautiful hand made crafts, setting is lovely too, especially when the Jacaranda trees are in bloom.

www.kimssouthafrica.blogspot.com

Worcester...
Level Contributor
21 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Usual weather for September

Thanks Kim for that info! Since I am trying to make the most out of my Sunday, what Arts and crafts market do you reccomend that are open on Sunday?

3. Re: Usual weather for September

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:27 am, February 25, 2011