We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Joburg to Dundee to St Lucia

England
12 posts
Save Topic
Joburg to Dundee to St Lucia

We will be travelling from Joburg airport to Dundee by car and then after a couple of days to St Lucia.

Can anyone tell me how long both trips will take and whether the road is safe.

Thanx

Stanley, Falkland...
Level Contributor
32,792 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Joburg to Dundee to St Lucia

I think the airline we used was SAA or a subsidiary. Hired from Avis at thesmall airport. Nice views coming in to land.

Richards Bay is lovely, but its one of the country's biggest ports, too.

Try a trip to Cape Vidal, while you are there.

Weybridge
Level Contributor
1,001 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Joburg to Dundee to St Lucia

This is a great website for planning journeys, and getting the distances / driving times :

maporama.com/affiliates/…

I would say you should allow about 5 hours to get from Jo'burg to Dundee (allowing for traffic / rest stop) - the road is a good one.

From Dundee to St Lucia - again, I would say allow about 4-5 hours. Roads not quite so good, as the quickest way would be to go cross country - or you could take the main highway down to Durban and then up to St Lucia - it might work out about the same time, as you will go faster on the main highway (good road) even tho the distance will be longer versus shorter distance but slower driving due to the poor road quality in places.

13. Re: Joburg to Dundee to St Lucia

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:18 am, October 03, 2009