We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cheap Self Catering for 6 Weeks

Somerset, England
Level Contributor
67 posts
Save Topic
Cheap Self Catering for 6 Weeks

Hello. I'm male, 65, retired, and active. I like to stay in places for a few weeks and really see how locals live. You can keep the hotels and B & B places, I want a combination of cooking for myself and inexpensive cafes and restaurants. This means I want to be able to buy local produce, especially fish and veggies.

I like lazing on the beach, maybe some fishing, some cool beers, some music at night, some company, an internet connection, and I also want to be safe. I dont want to be in Durban.

Is it possible to find a self-catering house or apartment where it's safe, within walking distance to a half decent beach ?

And now you have read this far let me thank everyone for all the fantastic posts in tripadviser. Ive visited many countries and always check out this site for information. Travel safely.

Northampton, United...
Level Contributor
1,759 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cheap Self Catering for 6 Weeks

Hello and I spend a few weeks every year in KZN. Funny to we have just had a few days in Somerset! Reading what you want you should look at the south coast, somewhere like Margate. There are quite a few choices down that way though that cover what you are looking for. Otherwise St Lucia on the north coast is great. Again there are few places on the north coast but St Lucia would be my choice. It also depends on time of year and if you are going to hire car?

Mark - Owner - SafariKZN

Durban - South...
Level Contributor
13 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cheap Self Catering for 6 Weeks

Margate , Port Edward ,Amanzimtoti would be recommended.In the opposite direction you could also check out Ballito , Salt Rock ,Umdloti.

Shelly Beach, South...
Level Contributor
251 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cheap Self Catering for 6 Weeks

The KZN South Coast has just what you are looking for,

accredited accommodation can be found on www.staysouthcoast.co.za

Somerset, England
Level Contributor
67 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Cheap Self Catering for 6 Weeks

Thank You Juper ... I'll check them all out

5. Re: Cheap Self Catering for 6 Weeks

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:18 am, January 07, 2015