We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

kosi bay lodge

new york
Level Contributor
5 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
kosi bay lodge

Do you have any information on this hotel? How is the food and accomodations? I am debating on whether to stay here or at the KZN location. Are there any other recommendations to accomodation in the kosi bay area? Are there restaurants and bars in town?

We are planning to drvie from Kruger through Swaziland to Kosi Bay and down the coase to Duban. Is it advisable to get a 4 x 4 car for this trip. I am to understand that a 4 x4 is required for the kzn location but not for the kosi bay lodge is this correct?

Also is a 4 x4 the same as a 4 wheel drive car?

Thanks

South Africa
Level Contributor
149 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: kosi bay lodge

Hi there

I have not stayed at Kosi Bay Lodge but have stayed a few hundred metres from it. It is a wonderful area. It is not on the beach but on the lagoon which is full of hippos and crocs. There is no town with restaurants and bars - infact the closest one horse town is about an hours drive!

Have a look at Rocktail Bay Lodge and THonga beach resort which are all a few kilometres away. Have stayed at both and they are amazing. If you are here early Dec you will catch the logga head turtles laying on the beach and late Jan the eggs hatch. Unbelievable experience.

Also if you can fit it in a night or two at Phinda Forest Lodge for unbelievable game viewing and incredible accomodation and food is well worth it. (I dont have the web address's at hand but if you search you should pick them up on google)

And yes a 4 wheel drive (4x4 ) is not needed but probably recommended as depending on the roads at the time, and rain etc it is hard to advise yes or no

What is the KZN location - Kzn is the province of Kwazulu Natall and a location is a local village or camp? I have never heard of a hotel or resort called this.

2. Re: kosi bay lodge

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:19 am, August 16, 2009