We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lodging/Place to stay in Soweto?

Bloomington, Indiana
Level Contributor
4 posts
57 reviews
Save Topic
Lodging/Place to stay in Soweto?

We are looking for a place to stay for two nights in Soweto in the 1st week of July. Three adults and a 14 year old. Best option I've found so far seem to be the Soweto Hotel. Looks fine. Anyone able to suggest additional options?

Johannesburg, South...
Destination Expert
for Johannesburg
Level Contributor
4,820 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Lodging/Place to stay in Soweto?

Here are a few options you could look at:

www.sowetobackpackers.com/about-lebos.html

Don't let the word "backpackers" put you off!

safarinow.com/go/MamaLolosGuestHouseSoweto

exploresoweto.com/the-rose-bed-and-breakfast/

Enjoy!

Nieu-Bethesda...
Level Contributor
72 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Lodging/Place to stay in Soweto?

I second Lebo's Soweto Backpackers

New York, New York...
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Lodging/Place to stay in Soweto?

If you are adventurous and want a genuine Soweto experience, there's a brand new (as of September 2013) backpackers hotel in Kliptown. There are private rooms and small shared dormitories. Prices start at 85Rand. I spent time in Kliptown recently working on an art/photography project and was shown around this place by the friendly owner.. It was clean, spacious and newly renovated. The address is 1848 Fourth Street, Contact: Nomsa tel: 0784318306 or 0789993458 This is not for everyone, only those who want to see and experience the real Soweto: Kliptown Backpackers If I return (I live in New York City) I would stay here.

4. Re: Lodging/Place to stay in Soweto?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:17 pm, March 03, 2017
Get answers to your questions about Soweto
Recent Conversations