We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

guide to drive around pretoria

southern ireland
3 posts
Save Topic
guide to drive around pretoria

hi

just wondering is it possible to hire someone with a car to drive me around various sights in and around pretoria at the end of june

what kind of costs would be involved

rather than getting in and out of different taxis

can one car and driver be hired?

it may suit someone to do this

Pretoria, South...
Level Contributor
69 posts
196 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: guide to drive around pretoria

Hi,

Not sure whether he can help you but I always use the same company for transfer from my home to the airport - very reliable and reasonably priced (pay R360 per car from Pretoria to OR Thambo airport)- I would suggest you contact him and get a quote

website is www.shuttle2home.co.za

email chatis@telkomsa.net

tel 0027 12 343 5681

Hope this helps

Mentioned in this post
Pretoria
Pretoria
Gauteng, South Africa
Cape Town Central...
Level Contributor
149 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: guide to drive around pretoria

I know quite a few reliable guides /drives with their own vehicles. Let me know if you need any help. I don't want to put their cell phone nr here.

Jessy @ extraordinary-travel.com

9 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: guide to drive around pretoria

Hi

The Council has just launched a "Hop on - Hop off"

Tourist bus which departs from Church Square (Pretoria town). Also could be a good idea.

There are quite a few taxi companies or tour guides around the city. Most guest house owners could pass on a few numbers or suggestions.

Mentioned in this post
Church Square
Church Square
143 Reviews
Pretoria, South Africa
Pretoria
Pretoria
Gauteng, South Africa
9 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: guide to drive around pretoria

Hi

An you could also try the "Hop on - Hop off" tourist bus which was recently launched in Pretoria. Departs from Church Square in Pretoria cental. Most Guest House or Backpacker owners could pass on a few telephone numbers or website addresses. There are quite a few meter taxi companies around Pretoria.

Scott Cochrane

Khayalethu Guest House

Mentioned in this post
Pretoria
Pretoria
Gauteng, South Africa
Church Square
Church Square
143 Reviews
Pretoria, South Africa
5. Re: guide to drive around pretoria

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, March 16, 2010