We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

24 hour layover at Joburg

Arlington
2 posts
Save Topic
24 hour layover at Joburg

I'm travelling with my three children and wife. We've got about 24 hours between arriving at Johannesburg Intl and a connecting international flight. Should I spend the night in Pretoria and tour there or in Joburg? Any particular part of either town a must-see?

Thanks in advance.

Arlington
2 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: 24 hour layover at Joburg

I'm sorry I didn't read some of the previous posts before asking my question. Let me add that we arrive at 7pm, on a Thursday night and depart the next day at about the same time.

Thanks Again.

Wayzata, Minnesota
Level Contributor
2,873 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 24 hour layover at Joburg

hi there.

i would stay at the mondior concorde at emperors palace. it is great for kids with the rides, games, etc. also, you have many restaurants to choose from. it is four minutes from the airport by shuttle. my wife and kids and me killed 24 hours there two months ago with ease.

the apartheid history tour is probably good if the kids are old enough. i am an agent and will admit you can probably book the tour cheaper with the hotel but the hotel cheaper with an agent.

craig beal - owner travel beyond

3. Re: 24 hour layover at Joburg

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:16 pm, October 05, 2009