We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Overnight stop near Johannesburg airport

Which Johannesburg hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Shrewsbury
Destination Expert
for Barcelona
Level Contributor
11,364 posts
25 reviews
Save Topic
Overnight stop near Johannesburg airport

The way things are shaping up, we'll be arriving late into Jo'burg and will want to get the 1st flight down to Cape Town the following morning. Does anyone have any recommendations for somewhere nice to stay within a short taxi ride of the airport and preferably near to restaurants that stay open late?

Food is of secondary importance - we can eat at the airport if there's no alternative, but a convenient place to sleep would be good.

bdk
SA
Level Contributor
358 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Overnight stop near Johannesburg airport

Try the Town Lodge at the airport. Less than ZAR500 per room per night. www.citylodge.co.za

Port Elizabeth
Destination Expert
for South Africa
Level Contributor
6,237 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Overnight stop near Johannesburg airport

The road lodge is the cheapest, then the town lodge and the city lodge. All part of the same group.

The City Lodge always has a franchise restaurant next door. Dont know about R&T though.

Shrewsbury
Destination Expert
for Barcelona
Level Contributor
11,364 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Overnight stop near Johannesburg airport

Thanks both

I checked the website and it was saying no availability - I wonder if they're not yet taking bookings that far in advance. I'll check again soon as they sound ideal for purpose.

4. Re: Overnight stop near Johannesburg airport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:21 am, August 27, 2009