We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

need itinerary help!! How much time in Jo'burg?

Which Johannesburg hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
boston
Level Contributor
107 posts
Save Topic
need itinerary help!! How much time in Jo'burg?

After spending 3 days in capetown and 2 in Kruger, we'll be stopping off in J'burg for an afternoon and evening befor we head to Botswana for more game viewing. As our itinerary stands now, we will only have an afternoon in J'Burg. I assumed we would just spend the time in Rosebank where our hotel is and enjoy the shopping.

My question is whether we should come in earlier in the day (we could get in around 11am) to get a tour of Soweto before we go to our hotel? Also, would it be worth spending the next day in J'burg and missing a day of game viewing? Not sure how much time we should spend in J'Burg if our time is limited? HELP!!

Cape Town Central...
Level Contributor
2,390 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: need itinerary help!! How much time in Jo'burg?

Hello eilee

If you get a chance to go to Soweto, then I would make the effort.

Soweto, Hector Peterson Memorial and Appartheid Museum are usually in the Soweto trip and are 3 of the top tourist attractions in Johannesburg.

To take a day off you wildlife trip to spend a day in Johannesburg depends on the reason for comming to africa. Shops/restaurants that you can find anywhere or wildlife that you can only find in africa.

I know what my answer would be.

australia
Level Contributor
8 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: need itinerary help!! How much time in Jo'burg?

Fly in to J'burg earlier and do soweto and apartheid museum. Don't take a day off game viewing. There is nothing else to see in J'burg

3. Re: need itinerary help!! How much time in Jo'burg?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:20 am, August 18, 2009