We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Soweto & Apartheid museum

brighton
1 post
Save Topic
Soweto & Apartheid museum

We are planning a first trip to South Africa next year - and expect to be in Durban area for part of the time. We also want to go to Victoria Falls and maybe Soweto & the Apartheid museum. Is the flight from Durban to Johannesburg / Soweto going to be worth it!? Any views on parts of our proposed itinery most welcome!

From 2 'small-country' Brits.

Stanley, Falkland...
Level Contributor
32,835 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Soweto & Apartheid museum

fledgling,

welcome. Difficult to advise without knowing more about your trip and what your interests are.

I presume you are flying in and out of Joburg a few times (its the regional hub)? In which case a trip to Soweto would be fine and very interesting. I'm not sure I would make a detour from Durban especially for it though.

Are you visiting the Battlefields or Drakensberg when in Durban area?.

check out (ie search on google) kwazulunatal tourist information for lots of ideas in that region.

2. Re: Soweto & Apartheid museum

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:18 am, August 14, 2009