We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Safe and cheap taxi options from Johannesburg airport

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
38 posts
Save Topic
Safe and cheap taxi options from Johannesburg airport

Hello i am looking for some safe and affordable taxi service from Johannesburg airport. Kindly suggest me few options such that i may book a taxi as soon as i reach the airport. Please respond asap. Thanks.

Gaborone
Level Contributor
10 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Safe and cheap taxi options from Johannesburg airport

Safe will not be a problem.

Cheap.... well thats a personal thing but for most people its expensive from the airport no matte how you look at it!

Maybe consider using the Gautrain?

Johannesburg, South...
Level Contributor
129 posts
480 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Safe and cheap taxi options from Johannesburg airport

yes rather use the gautrain to get to sandton or hire a car at the airport,minibus taxis are cheap but are not safe as they drive quite reckless and not suited to travellers from abroad with baggage on hand

3. Re: Safe and cheap taxi options from Johannesburg airport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 5:05 am, March 03, 2015
4. Re: Safe and cheap taxi options from Johannesburg airport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, March 04, 2016