We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Transit Time in Johhanesburg Airport

Which Johannesburg hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Sydney
1 post
Save Topic
Transit Time in Johhanesburg Airport

I will be arriving on a SAA flight from Perth arriving at 44.55 and want to depart at 06.40 on an Air Namibia flight to Windhoek. Is that sufficient transit time? Will i have to collect baggage and check it in again?

South Africa
Level Contributor
1,412 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Transit Time in Johhanesburg Airport

Well it is a bit too short. It can take some time to go trough passport controls. Lately passport control is working very slowy. And sorry to say this Air Namibia is not one of the trusted airlines, hope you can fly out with them.

I would advicd a later flight to Windoek and with another airline (Kurhula or SAA)

Annemie

Mangaer, owner of Thatch22, country guesthouse

Fordingbridge...
Level Contributor
2,019 posts
177 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Transit Time in Johhanesburg Airport

From memory your bags should be checked through to your final destination when you initially check in in Oz, depending which airline is operating your WIndhoek flight. You won't have to go through immigration & there is a separate check in area for your flight to Windhoek. It will be a scrum in there!

Don't expect too much from SAA but don't be put off. Namibia is a fantastic country, populated by some of the world's friendliest people.

South Africa
Level Contributor
1,412 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Transit Time in Johhanesburg Airport

Indeed, NAm, is international also! And for sure NAM is a great place!

South Africa
Level Contributor
1,412 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Transit Time in Johhanesburg Airport

When you arrive in the evening, late, the last 3 flights are coming in. Then the waiting problem before customs is normal time!

I have made a complaint with the Tourist board of S.A. and they are have talks already about this issue. Lets hope it will be better soon!

5. Re: Transit Time in Johhanesburg Airport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:18 pm, December 14, 2013