We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hostel in City Area with good city tours and safaris options

Which Johannesburg hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
132 posts
38 reviews
Save Topic
Hostel in City Area with good city tours and safaris options

Hi,

I am planning a trip to Johannesburg for about 6 days, any recommendation on hostel options with good travel deals? I hope to visit the Kruger national Park.

How much should i budget for a 7 days 6 nights holiday with budget options to safaris?

Johannesburg, South...
Level Contributor
27 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hostel in City Area with good city tours and safaris options

hi,

Johannesburg is a good 4 hour drive from Kruger Park, so if it is Kruger/Safari you are after i would suggest making your way to nelspruit or hazyveiw and finding a hostel there. If you will be staying in Johannesburg, i would also suggest that you DO NOT stay in the City. Not a good place to stay, rather look for a place to stay in the northern suburbs (Sandton, Rosebank, Greenside)

You can pick up a good deal on accommodation for about R300 to R400 per night at a budget place

South Africa
Level Contributor
1,423 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hostel in City Area with good city tours and safaris options

Well stay outside the city, is much nicer. Www.soulfusion.co.za. They can also help you with a safari and more. Say in Pilanus vame reserve!

Ask Peter or Sandy, the owners, managers, great people, at a geat place!

London
Level Contributor
113 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hostel in City Area with good city tours and safaris options

Hi

This is a good site to check out for backpackers accommodation. Most lodges will also offer trips to the Kruger. http://www.coastingafrica.com/ Enjoy!

Kruger National...
Level Contributor
1,906 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hostel in City Area with good city tours and safaris options

Hey there,

Are you planning to visit Johannesburg, or Kruger?? Kruger is a good few hours drive away, and I suggest that you spend at least 2 nights there for a full experience. Or, what about Pilanesberg National Park? This is much closer and will give you a great game viewing experience too.

Jacqui

Johannesburg, South...
Level Contributor
287 posts
236 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hostel in City Area with good city tours and safaris options

Joburg doesn't really have Hostels as they do in Europe etc. Maybe search for backpackers such as

joburgbackpackers.com/html/tours/default.asp

(In fact after a brief google search this is the only backpackers in Joburg I would consider).

But I agree with the other posters Joburg isn't that great a place to be a base into Kruger.

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
132 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hostel in City Area with good city tours and safaris options

thanks! My flight is into JNB, i think 2 days for JNB would be enough? Lion Park plus muesum?

i heard its very tough to get around without public transport. not sure where should i stay.

7. Re: Hostel in City Area with good city tours and safaris options

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:18 am, October 03, 2013