We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

The Penninsula All-Suites Resort in Cape Town

Long Beach...
Level Contributor
26 posts
1 review
Save Topic
The Penninsula All-Suites Resort in Cape Town

Has anyone stayed at The Penninsula All-Suites Resort in Cape Town? It's a timeshare I'm getting through RCI. If you've stayed there -- or know it -- what's it like? Any information would be greatly appreciated. I will be there in September 2013. Thanks!

Table View, South...
Level Contributor
1,074 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: The Penninsula All-Suites Resort in Cape Town

You need to move this to the Cape Town forum as you will get more feedback from there.

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
994 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: The Penninsula All-Suites Resort in Cape Town

I just spent a midweek at the Peninsula All Suite hotel. We had a two bedroom unit with a private deck and jacuzzi on the 8th floor. I submitted a review on Trip Advisor which you can check out. Overall for someone coming from overseas, I think it would be a good choice. For South Africans, the Peninsula is a very difficult hotel to get into via timeshare - not sure why, but I've only been offered the hotel twice in about ten years.

A couple of things which I mentioned in my review - at first glance, the foyer looks amazing, but at closer inspection, there's a few little things (I'm picky) that need attention, a little damp in some corners of the walls, chipped glass on the mirror tiles on the ceiling, some very basic wall hangings in the bedrooms, dressing table in the main bedroom needed a touch up - that kind of thing. The staff are very attentive though. We only took breakfast on one morning and we found the way it's done a little strange. You can choose between a full English breakfast or continental; if you decide to have the Continental, you would need to do it justice as the cost is not much different from the English. For instance, if you only wanted a croissant and a cup of coffee, the cost would be around the same price as for the English.

The hotel is situated on the seafront at the eastern end of Seapoint - the area basically is on the edge of Bantry Bay, but no beach to speak off - you would need to drive along to Clifton or Camps Bay - 10 to 15 minute drive. Shops in Seapoint all within walking distance, but I wouldn't walk to the waterfront as it's too far. The sunsets are amazing and I imagine all rooms face the sea; talking about that, our two bedrooms were in the rear of the apartment, so no chance of hearing the waves etc as you are lying in bed. Could be different though depending on the unit you get.

All in all, a very nice hotel which needs a little attention here and there, but not enough to put you off going. The one thing we noticed that we were about the youngest guests there (May 2012) and we are in our early 60's and don't consider ourselves geriatic just yet. It seemed to us that the owners of the units go back time and time again; in fact there was one couple who wrote into the hotel's newsletter - they lived in Washington and they visited the hotel for three months over the SA summer every year. So they appear to get repeat guests every year.

Hope this helps.

Ags

3. Re: The Penninsula All-Suites Resort in Cape Town

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:42 am, June 21, 2013