We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

connecting flight from terminal A to terminal B

Which Johannesburg hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
vancouver
Level Contributor
18 posts
Save Topic
connecting flight from terminal A to terminal B

I am flying in to Terminal A from London, UK at 9.40am I'm thinking to purchase a flight to Victoria Falls, which flies out at 11:25 am that same day from Terminal B.

I would like to know if I will have enough time to collect my bag, get to the other terminal and check in? Flying with British Airways.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated! thank you

71 replies to this topic
Fordingbridge...
Level Contributor
2,019 posts
177 reviews
Save Reply
21. Re: connecting flight from terminal A to terminal B

The signage is now excellent Les.

Read through the forum below & all will be revealed. There's some good stuff about transferring from International to Domestic in the mid 30s in the thread. However, I strongly recommend reading all the way through. There's also a load of excellent photos.

flyertalk.com/forum/africa/1341419-guide-con…

Dublin, Ireland
2 posts
Save Reply
22. Re: connecting flight from terminal A to terminal B

We are flying from Heathrow to Johannesburg and then on to Livingstone for a week’s safari. We were hoping to leave one piece of luggage in the storage facilities at the airport (located on the walkway between the Terminals) and collect it on the way back. Our flight from Maun arrives into Johannesburg Terminal A at 15.40, our flight to Port Elizabeth departs from Terminal B at 17.30 – will we have enough time to collect a bag?

Dublin, Ireland
2 posts
Save Reply
23. Re: connecting flight from terminal A to terminal B

We are flying from Heathrow to Johannesburg and then on to Livingstone for a week’s safari. We were hoping to leave one piece of luggage in the storage facilities at the airport (located on the walkway between the Terminals) and collect it on the way back. Our flight from Maun arrives into Johannesburg Terminal A at 15.40, our flight to Port Elizabeth departs from Terminal B at 17.30 – will we have enough time to collect a bag?

Cape Town
Level Contributor
10,081 posts
Save Reply
24. Re: connecting flight from terminal A to terminal B

Yes.

Brewster, New York
2 posts
Save Reply
25. Re: connecting flight from terminal A to terminal B

I am flying from Durban on saa terminal A then going to terminal B to Dubai on Emirates I have almost 3 hours. Is this enough time?

Johannesburg, South...
Destination Expert
for Johannesburg
Level Contributor
4,136 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
26. Re: connecting flight from terminal A to terminal B

You will arrive from Durban, at Terminal B.

You will depart on Emirates, from Terminal A

Just the opposite to what you state.

It takes about 30 minutes to claim baggage, etc and emerge in the terminal off a domestic flight.

You need to check in for an international flight at least 2 hours before flying, so, yes, 3 hours should be sufficient if your Durban flight is not unduly delayed.

Brewster, New York
2 posts
Save Reply
27. Re: connecting flight from terminal A to terminal B

Thank you so much for your help!

London, United...
1 post
Save Reply
28. Re: connecting flight from terminal A to terminal B

We are flying in to Johannesburg on an SAA flight landing at 7.15am at terminal A and the catching a connecting flight to Kruger from Terminal B at 09.00am. Do you think this is enough time to reclaim our luggage and then recheck in for the next flight.

Have never done connecting flights before so any advice would be welcome.

Fordingbridge...
Level Contributor
2,019 posts
177 reviews
Save Reply
29. Re: connecting flight from terminal A to terminal B

As long as you arrive on time Jayne you should be OK.

Also read right through the link below for a detailed explanation of the route.

flyertalk.com/forum/africa/1341419-guide-con…

Huntingdon, United...
Level Contributor
4 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
30. Re: connecting flight from terminal A to terminal B

I have just done, (essentially), the same thing, and it was very close-run thing. The signage leaves a lot to desired. If possible, take the later Comair flight. As a WARNING to anyone going through the general-population area, be VERY careful. We came from Victoria Falls, going to Durban. When exiting from Customs, our case was snatched by an Official Porter, who then raced to the BA Check-in desks. When we eventually caught him, he demanded 200 ZAR !! On the way there, I had to rescue my wife from two large men, who were trying to grab her passport. When waiting in the checkout queue, the people behind us told us that someone had tried to snatch their luggage, and only by shouting "thief", and attracting police attention, were the thieves thwarted. Try to use CPT or DUR, JNB is a nightmare.

Reply to: connecting flight from terminal A to terminal B
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted