We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Coca-cola Dome

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
1,766 posts
88 reviews
Save Topic
Coca-cola Dome

Looks like I will be in Johannesburg at the time Top Gear Live will be doing their shows at the Coca-Cola Dome (end of Jan-09). I was thinking of going to this and was wondering how people normally get there. The venue has good directions, but does everyone drive or is there good public transport/shuttle buses?

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
990 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Coca-cola Dome

Firstly, there is no public transport that I know of. I was at the Dome recently for the Rod Stewart concert and everyone drives there and parks in the spacious parking areas.

However, anytime there are shows at the Dome, there are queues to get into the parking and lengthy queues to get out (as everyone wants to get out at the same time) whereas people tend to go in at various times.

So the answer to your question is that everyone drives there.

I am not aware of any shuttle buses but perhaps your hotel would be able to drop you off and pick you up again?

Johannesburg, South...
Level Contributor
19 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Coca-cola Dome

There are taxis in Johanensburg, ask the hotel that you are staying at to either arrange one for you alternativly

Corporate Cabs, 0800 800 800, www.corporatecabs.co.za

Sandton Cars, +27 11 789 4141

Rose Radio Taxi, +27 (0) 83 255 0933/4 (24hrs)

| www.rosetaxis.com

Driver Vasco, +27 82 734 3638

Jan Smuts Taxi Bureau and Luxury Car Rental,

+27 (0) 72 116 8512 (24-hr)

Sacab +27 (0) 86 117 222 www.sacab.co.za

Cabs for Woman +27(0) 0861 7778 www.cabsforwoman.co.za

Safe Cab +27 (0) 861 66 55 66 www.safecabs.co.za

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
1,766 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Coca-cola Dome

Thanks both for your advice.

Sorry for the late reply, been on holidays ;-)

4. Re: Coca-cola Dome

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:15 pm, August 10, 2009