We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotels

Stockton CA
1 post
Save Topic
Hotels

My concern is that I was going to book a DELUXE room in Johannesburg South Africa and I wanted to take my grandchild which is age 10. My question is to whomever could help, I was told it was an extra cost for my grandchild to stay in this room with just me. Can anyone shed some light on hotel accommadations. I just found that hard to believe. HELP! This infro was from a tour representitive and I was wondering was that a policy with hotels without booking with a tour. Because she said that was the policy in all hotels in South Africa.

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
237 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotels

Sorry I can't really answer your question but have you tried emailing the hotels you are interested in staying at and asking them what their policy is. I agree with you it does seem hard to believe that they would charge extra for just 2 people staying in a double or twin room. We booked hotel rooms without being on any tours without any trouble.

Shrewsbury
Destination Expert
for Barcelona
Level Contributor
12,461 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotels

map0

I don't understand your question. Are you being asked to pay more than the two person rate for a double/twin room used by only two people?

3. Re: Hotels

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:19 pm, September 15, 2009