We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Guesthouse near Johannesburg Airport

Singapore
Level Contributor
10 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Guesthouse near Johannesburg Airport

We intend to stay for a night near Johannesburg Airport.

Hotels there are a little pricey.

Does any one know of a nice and secure guesthouse B&B nearby with easy access to restaurant?

South African in...
7 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Guesthouse near Johannesburg Airport

Yeah, I just registered on a website about a week ago that has satx of rooms available in South Africa.

The site is called RoomFT (www.roomft.com) and you can register as either a host or a traveller. Once you've registered you can post the dates your accommodation is available or put in a room request for the dates you want to travel. The best bit is that it's free- seriously, free!

Hope this helps. Have an awesome time on your trip and be sure to go and check out some South African music. SA has great local music!

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
237 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Guesthouse near Johannesburg Airport

I haven't stayed there but it was recommended by a friend who did stay there. The website is www.lingalongaguesthouse.co.za. They said the host was very friendly and the rooms comfortable. Not sure how close it is to any restaurants. Hope this helps

Singapore
Level Contributor
10 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Guesthouse near Johannesburg Airport

I think I found a excellent B&B guesthouse.

www.africasky.co.za

Good reviews too.

London, United...
Level Contributor
1,717 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Guesthouse near Johannesburg Airport

Hello,

You may also want to check out the Porfolio Collection (http://www.portfoliocollection.com) -- they have a few options near the airport. I spent a month and a half in Portfolio properties while driving around SA and was never disappointed.

Cheers,

Julian

Tennessee
Level Contributor
9,926 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Guesthouse near Johannesburg Airport

Another one you could check out is www.africacentrelodge.co.za

Africa Centre is in Benoni, just a few k's from the airport and they have a restaurant on site.

6. Re: Guesthouse near Johannesburg Airport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:19 am, September 14, 2009