We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Buying diamonds??

KG
Oregon
Level Contributor
1,907 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
Buying diamonds??

Are diamonds a good buy in Africa??

Stanley, Falkland...
Level Contributor
32,766 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Buying diamonds??

Possibly - do you know the value of a diamond? If not, then you could easily pay over the odds.

Tempe, Arizona
Destination Expert
for South Africa, Sabi Sand Game Reserve
Level Contributor
8,535 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Buying diamonds??

I think you will be more intrigued by the jewelry design than by the unmounted diamonds. Lots of creative work is done here that I don't see at US jewelers. As for diamonds, do some homework in Oregon to see what diamonds would cost you there. (Same with Tanzanite.}

Remember the 4 C's... color, clarity, cut, and carat weight. Armed with a few quotes you get at home, you can be more objective in South Africa.

Which does take some of the fun out of it, I admit.

3. Re: Buying diamonds??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:20 pm, September 11, 2009