We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Maputo, MBQ to Johannesburg

Deerfield, Illinois
Level Contributor
11 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Maputo, MBQ to Johannesburg

Hello there!

In April 2008 I am renting a car and planning on driving back from Maputo to Johannesburg. I have all day to drive, but is this safe and easy to do? How long?

Any and all help is appreciated. Warm Regards from Chicago!

Johannesburg
Level Contributor
237 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Maputo, MBQ to Johannesburg

Hello,

The road is good and you will have no problems, can be driven in 4 -5 hrs comfortably, although allow time for the border post. The trip is quick in Mozambique (50miles if i remember correctly) and about 250 in South Africa.

Enjoy your visit here.

Deerfield, Illinois
Level Contributor
11 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Maputo, MBQ to Johannesburg

Great thank you! Have there been any reports of delays at the border? Is there anything worth visiting between Nelspruit and Jo'burg?

Thanks again!

UK, Mauritius
Destination Expert
for Mauritius, Belle Mare, Pointe Aux Piments, Pereybere
Level Contributor
39,555 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Maputo, MBQ to Johannesburg

hi,

Have driven the south african part of the road when we left kruger via crocodile bridge to komatipoort and then on motorway to nelspruit where we overnighted befire driving back to joburg. Its a good road, but look out for people hitchhiking or just walking along the road. Also some animals.

If you had time you are passing kruger; you could have a quick detour and see some of the animals?

Best wishes

Bronia

4. Re: Maputo, MBQ to Johannesburg

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:15 pm, September 05, 2009