We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Joburg experts contribute to this map please

Stavanger, Norway
Level Contributor
4,145 posts
197 reviews
Save Topic
Joburg experts contribute to this map please

Hi

Have you guys seen this map: wikimapia.org/…2 . Everybody can contribute :-) So I urge everybody to contribute by placing stuff on there...I'm trying to located places like Cradle of humankind but I'm having a hard time....so I hope that someone else can do the task :-)

Regards

Gard

Pretoria, South...
Level Contributor
138 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Joburg experts contribute to this map please

Hi Gard

Which dates are you in Bangkok? Maybe we can even share a day with Tom. We are booked the 8th and 9th with him. Doing a Bangkok City tour and then the floating market and fishing village. See you are having trouble finding info about Cradle of humankind. It is in the northwestern corner of Gauteng. Not far from Randburg, Sandton and Roodepoort as well as Krugersdorp. Website - cradleofhumankind.co.za or cradleofhumankind@gpg.gov.za. Tel no. (+27 11)3551400 or (+27)825558047. What type of info do you need? I can always phone them and ask to send some brochures to you. Are you planning a SA trip?

Regards

Karen

Stavanger, Norway
Level Contributor
4,145 posts
197 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Joburg experts contribute to this map please

Hi

I only arrive in Bangkok on the 10th and my wife on the 11th.

I have been to the cradle of humankind (see my trip report gardkarlsen.com/johannesburg_south_africa_20… ) but I'm having a hard time pin pointing it on the map. So I was hoping that someone with local knowledge could pinpoint it on the Wikimapia map :-)

Regards

Gard

Pretoria, South...
Level Contributor
138 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Joburg experts contribute to this map please

Hi Gard

Have found the Lion and Rhino Park on the map and I know the Cradle is nearby. Sorry, can't help you any further.

Regards

Karen

4. Re: Joburg experts contribute to this map please

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:21 pm, August 29, 2009