We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bryston City Lodge

Which Johannesburg hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Dubai
1 post
Save Topic
Bryston City Lodge

Will shortly stay a couple of nights at the Bryston City Lodge. Any nice pubs around within walking distance. What about night life close by?

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
986 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bryston City Lodge

Bryanston City Lodge is situated at the top end of Peter Place (Peter Place runs from William Nicol Drive on the east to Main Road on the west).

I found these websites - maybe they will help. What2Night.co.za - when I tried it gave me all the clubs all around Gauteng (Johannesburg area) so you would either need a car to get to them or get your hotel to arrange transport.

Another website is : http://www.pubsclubs.co.za/clubs.htm

If you don't have a car, then the area you would need to look at would be Randburg and arrange for your hotel to get you there and back.

If you do have a car, then the world is your oyster. You could try the Melville or Fourways areas.

Coachman's Crossing is just down the road from the hotel going east - this is a shopping centre which has a few restaurants but not sure about pubs as such.

Restaurants include - Adega Portuguese Restaurant, Mugg and Bean (breakfast and lunch restaurant - maybe also dinner - serviing New Orleans style food). Ambers Music Cafe - don't know this one though. Have a look at www.restaraunts.co.za = choose Gauteng, Johannesburg, then Bryanston and the above restaurants will come up.

Bordering the shopping centre is the Coachman's Crossing restaurant - quite upmarket but no pub to speak of.

There may be something going towards the Main Road, Bryanston side - going west - but I'm not aware of any pubs. There is the Bistro 277 on Main Road (formerly called Ile de France) but again it's not a pub.

2. Re: Bryston City Lodge

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:18 am, August 28, 2009