We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

backpackers ritz

uk
Level Contributor
33 posts
20 reviews
Save Topic
backpackers ritz

We have a safari starting at the backpackers ritz in Jo'Burg very early in the morning and were thinking of staying there the night before to make things easier. However, I have read mixed reviews about the place -particularly the lack of bathrooms! Has anyone stayed there recently that can put my mind at rest - or does anyone know of alternative accomadation close by that is reasonably priced?

Felleng Day Tours
Nature & Wildlife Tours, Cultural Tours, Safaris
Ekala Eco Tours
Eco Tours, Nature & Wildlife Tours, City Tours, Historical & Heritage Tours, Safaris
Gaborone
2 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: backpackers ritz

I really like BR; I stay there most times I'm in Joburg (most recently January this year). The dorms are quite large and the bathroom isn't connected but I've never had a problem getting a good shower, and it's cleaned well, etc. You could also pay a bit more and get a private room--double, triple, whatever, which I think might have a connected BR (you could ask) and is better for privacy. It really is a good place for a backpackers, though--good staff, very nice yard/garden, reasonable prices for pickup, old mansion w high ceilings, walking distance to large mall.

Gaborone
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: backpackers ritz

I really like BR; I stay there most times I'm in Joburg (most recently January this year). The dorms are quite large and the bathroom isn't connected but I've never had a problem getting a good shower, and it's cleaned well, etc. You could also pay a bit more and get a private room--double, triple, whatever, which I think might have a connected BR (you could ask) and is better for privacy. It really is a good place for a backpackers, though--good staff, very nice yard/garden, reasonable prices for pickup, old mansion w high ceilings, walking distance to large mall.

3. Re: backpackers ritz

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:17 am, August 24, 2009