We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Canyon de Chelly to Monument Valley

San Diego
Level Contributor
19 posts
18 reviews
Save Topic
Canyon de Chelly to Monument Valley

Taking a road trip in early Oct with Canyon de Chelly being the highlight of the trip. After leaving there will drive to Monument Valley. Gloudings does not have anything available and now i trying to decide if we should stay in Kayenta or Mexican Hat, Utah?

After Monument Valley we will be driving home to San Diego. We have an 2 days to get home so we can stop one night along the way back.

I had wanted to make this more of a spontaneous road trip but from all my reading here and trip advisor there are not a lot of accommodations in these areas so figure I should get places reserved.

tucson az
Destination Expert
for Tucson, Arizona, Northern Mexico
Level Contributor
16,635 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Canyon de Chelly to Monument Valley

The lodging available in Kayenta is not too terrific, but you would be an hour closer to going back home.

Mesa, Arizona
Destination Expert
for Tempe
Level Contributor
2,040 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Canyon de Chelly to Monument Valley

Depending on how early you're leaving Canyon de Chelly and how long you plan to spend at Monument Valley, you might think about going all the way to Cameron Trading Post.

Do you have reservations at CdC? If not, I recommend Thunderbird Lodge.

San Diego
Level Contributor
19 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Canyon de Chelly to Monument Valley

thanks for your suggestions. i found out that Gouldings has cabins in the camp ground that you can rent that are fully equipped. So i reserved one of those today.

joyce

4. Re: Canyon de Chelly to Monument Valley

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:18 pm, October 08, 2009