We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Monument Valley

Bowen
1 post
Save Topic
Monument Valley

My wife & I are Aussies and are travelling from Las Vegas on 20th March 08 to Kayenta, we have booked into the Holliday Inn on the 20th March, We are travelling from Vegas to New York. Any suggestions from Kayenta, we wish to see Monument valley & would prefer to see the Southern states on the way to New York.

Uden, The...
Destination Expert
for Road Trips
Level Contributor
60,942 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Monument Valley

Hi, and welcome to the forum

It app. is a 7 hours drive from LV-MV but you probably already knew. Also many great sites along the route. Have you already been to Grand Canyon NP south rim (north rim will be closed in march)?

Please give us some info re your route MV to New York. How much time do you have? There are many options and many places to visit.

Tet

northwest Georgia
Level Contributor
844 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Monument Valley

rmort,

You can't visit the south without a visit to

Savannah, GA. Go to www.savannahvisit.com and

www.savannahchamber.com. Also, google images for

Savannah & see how fantastic a city it is.

Have a great trip!

Jerome, AZ
Level Contributor
799 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Monument Valley

May change your Kayenta night to the San Juan Inn, another 20 miles north, but much sweeter !

Can't see monuments from Kayenta anyway, only from the trading post and campgrounds.

If you are hiking, check out Navajo NM, and Betatakin.

since you are not getting south, I hope the weather cooperates. Add Arches NP, The Maze, and make sure to do Zion and Bryce on the way across.

If it ever stops snowing, I would make sure to add Mesa Verde, and the great kiva in Aztec.

4. Re: Monument Valley

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:25 am, August 28, 2009