We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Port Elizabeth to Pumba Game reserve

Which Port Elizabeth hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Newcastle upon...
2 posts
Save Topic
Port Elizabeth to Pumba Game reserve

Hello,

I am planning a trip to to south africa and am going to rent a car but I don't want to pay for renting a car for 3 days which I plan to pend at pumba game reserve as I see it as a waste of money just sat there paying rental fees.

Does anyone know of an easy way to get from port elizabeth airport to pumba game reserve?

Cape Town
Level Contributor
10,081 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Port Elizabeth to Pumba Game reserve

A shuttle from PE airport to Pumba and return will cost at least twice the cost of renting a car for 3 days (maybe more like 3 times).

Not a "waste of money" - you, in effect, save money while you're parked!

Also, as you are already renting a car, then renting for longer decreases the cost per day.

Newcastle upon...
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Port Elizabeth to Pumba Game reserve

Thanks for your help, looks like we will be renting a car then.

Port Elizabeth...
Level Contributor
57 posts
200 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Port Elizabeth to Pumba Game reserve

I agree. Unless you going to hire an expensive car you will be better off hiring than getting a shuttle. Perhaps enquire with Pumba if they have an inhouse shuttle and see what they charge.

4. Re: Port Elizabeth to Pumba Game reserve

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:18 pm, October 16, 2012