We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Port Elizabeth vs Cape Town

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
15 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Port Elizabeth vs Cape Town

I have a wedding to go to in George in February and have about 5 days to with fly into Port Elizabeth or Cape Town and drive to George.

Can I find out which is the best drive(things to do and see) to do, PE to George or CT to George,

Thanks

Howick, South Africa
Level Contributor
790 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Port Elizabeth vs Cape Town

Although both have something going for them, I would recommend the PE to George option as it is mostly the "Garden Route".

I'm sure you'll have lots more suggestions and advice but to get you started have a look at the web site below.

www.onlinegardenroute.co.za

Cape Town
Level Contributor
10,099 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Port Elizabeth vs Cape Town

Have you been or are you going to Cape Town?

If not, spending 4 days in Cape Town and one easy day driving to George beats 5 days on the "Garden Route" any time! Just voted "World's Number Two Best City" by readers of the influential US magazine Travel + Leisure!

Howick, South Africa
Level Contributor
790 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Port Elizabeth vs Cape Town

Yes, I'd agree with Vdc that four days in Cape Town would be better than the Garden Route. Perhaps you have a reason for wanting a car tour - if not, consider CT instead.

4. Re: Port Elizabeth vs Cape Town

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:34 am, January 13, 2010