We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

can anyone recomment safari from Port liz to cape town

Which Port Elizabeth hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
cavan, ireland
4 posts
Save Topic
can anyone recomment safari from Port liz to cape town

My wife and i are traveling the garden route from Cape town to Port elizabeth in the first week in October. Can you help in suggesting a safari / game drive for mybe 1-3 days enroute. We only have only 9 days for the trip and 5 days in Cape town

Thanks

London, United...
Level Contributor
1,717 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: can anyone recomment safari from Port liz to cape town

Hello,

Not much between PE and Cape Town in terms of good game reserves (there are a few places but they are more like UK safari parks than being in the bush). However, there are some very good game reserves close to PE. I'd recommend taking a look at Kwandwe (http://www.kwandwe.com) -- great guiding and game-viewing as well as excellent accommodation and food. To get the most out of your safari I'd recommend at least three days.

Cheers,

Julian

Port Elizabeth
Destination Expert
for South Africa
Level Contributor
6,235 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: can anyone recomment safari from Port liz to cape town

Price Range

Kwandwe, Shamwari and Gorah are tops, but they are expensive.

Port Elizabeth
Destination Expert
for South Africa
Level Contributor
6,235 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: can anyone recomment safari from Port liz to cape town

Price Range?

4. Re: can anyone recomment safari from Port liz to cape town

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:16 pm, September 07, 2009