We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

4X4 Trails

Port Elizabeth...
Level Contributor
7 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
4X4 Trails

Hi everyone, I have recently purchased my first 4X4 :) and I am absolutely over the moon with it! However, I would really like to take it through it's paces on some good 4X4 trails in and around my area. If anyone has some ideas of day trips and easier routes that I can try at first and then some more major advanced routes. Any information would be very much appreciated.

London, United...
Level Contributor
1,056 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: 4X4 Trails

Take a drive on the R335 over Suurberg from Addo to Somerset East. A fairly easy ride for a 4 x 4.

Edited: 11:58 am, March 21, 2014
Level Contributor
68 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: 4X4 Trails

The Baviaanskloof is beautiful. Not too technical but will take you all day to go all the way through to the other side. It is probably worth making it an overnight trip and spending a night to really appreciate it.

3. Re: 4X4 Trails

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, March 25, 2015