We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pumba or Kichaka

London, United...
1 post
Save Topic
Pumba or Kichaka

Hello,

My husband and I are going on a 3 nights child-free (yippee) safari at the end of Feb 2013 somewhere in the Eastern Cape. We are after an eco responsible reserve with an atmospheric and intimate setting, preferable overlooking a waterhole. After hours or researching game reserves, our favourites so far are Pumba or Kichaka. I would be so grateful if anyone could prove any insight to help us making the right decision.

Many, many thanks for your help!

CrissCross Adventures
Sightseeing Tours, Kayaking & Canoeing, Nature & Wildlife Tours, Safaris, Day Trips
Addo Elephant Back Safaris
Nature & Wildlife Tours, Safaris
Kakuli Safaris
St Francis Safaris
Northumberland
Level Contributor
48 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Pumba or Kichaka

I can't tell you what kichika is like but we just came back from pumba and it was amazing. Very intimate and didn't feel at all crowded. I too thought I'd want to be in water lodge but I can truly say that the Msenge lodge (bush lodge) was fabulous - we spent the afternoon on our private viewing deck watching warthog, Npala and kudu. Didn't see cheetah but did see everything else - including the white lions and their cubs. Enjoy!

Johannesburg
Level Contributor
1 post
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Pumba or Kichaka

We have had the privilege of visiting Kichaka over the last five years. If you are looking for an 'eco responsible reserve with an atmospheric and intimate setting, preferable overlooking a waterhole', then Kichaka is the ideal choice. The experienced rangers maximize every opportunity to ensure exceptional yet safe viewings. We have experienced amazing sightings of birds, antelope, zebra, cheetah, lion, giraffe, buffalo, rhino, hippo and elephant. The guest suites surround the waterhole - we have experienced elephant coming to the watering hole to drink and bathe while either relaxing at our suite, the main lodge and while having breakfast. The sumptuous suites ensure privacy with spectacular views. The friendly staff at Kichaka ensure an exceptional level of comfort and luxury during your stay!

Johannesburg, South...
1 post
Save Reply
3. Re: Pumba or Kichaka

Hi,

I would like to tell you about Kichaka and the life changing experience i have had there , so much so that i have returned twice more.

The surroundings, the chalet, the staff, the game viewing, the superb dining experience. and the sheer luxury I have yet to repeat . I have been to various other game lodges and not one compares to Kichaka.

Please feel free to e mail me should you want some photos.

Kind Regards

Val Cawood

4. Re: Pumba or Kichaka

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:19 am, December 15, 2013