We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel recommendations for Chandler and nearby area

USA
Level Contributor
9 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Hotel recommendations for Chandler and nearby area

Want a clean quiet - mid price hotel or motel.

Can you help? All the reviews here make Chandler hotels sound terrible.

Marina, California
Destination Expert
for Tucson
Level Contributor
6,278 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel recommendations for Chandler and nearby area

There aren't a whole lot of hotels IN Chandler. I can only think of the Red Roof (supposed to be decent), the Motel 6 (supposed to be awful) and the San Marcos Golf Resort (incredibly expensive).

I believe there are some more around Chandler Fashion Square (101 at Chandler Blvd) though.

Tempe has many more hotels and is only a few minutes from central Chandler. Mesa also has some, but I can't think of any that are any good besides the Marriott Convention Center.

The cities in the East Valley are shaped oddly, so something in Tempe could actually be closer to something in Chandler than something else in Chandler.

Whenever I got to Phoenix and spend the night, I use Hotwire. You can get some insane deals and I've never had a bad experience with them.

Gilbert
Level Contributor
952 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel recommendations for Chandler and nearby area

No ~ there are a few great options. Check out the Windmill Inn and / or the Marriott (can't remember what brand - Fairfield Inn or Residence Inn) - both are on Chandler Blvd. and the 101 Freeway. They are both relatively newer hotels (the Marriott is very new) and in a GREAT area ~ right by the new & upscale Chandler Fashion Square Mall, tons of restuarants, bars, theatres, shopping - you name it. Also great access to the freeways. Almost all of the retail & dining there is less than 5 years old, and pretty upscale.

Phoenix
Level Contributor
567 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel recommendations for Chandler and nearby area

I agree, something around Chandler Mall should be good. The WindMill is nice. Also is Sheraton. There is much more hotels in Mesa and Tempe. The Holiday Inn on 60/Arizona Ave is on the Mesa/Chandler border.

Georgia
2 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel recommendations for Chandler and nearby area

Check out the Holiday Inn Chandler. I stayed there on business a few months ago and the hotel was beautiful and in a nice area. The rooms were clean and the staff was friendly.

5. Re: Hotel recommendations for Chandler and nearby area

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:24 am, October 18, 2009