We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Report on Basha Gallery of Western American & Native Am. Art

Which Chandler hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Harleysville...
Destination Expert
for Fountain Hills
Level Contributor
4,483 posts
316 reviews
Report on Basha Gallery of Western American & Native Am. Art

I have no idea of why I have never heard of this place after 15 years off and on in the area. Our daughter's MIL, who lives in Tempe, told us about this place and suggested we visit. We did yesterday and were thrilled.

This is a wonderful gallery of Western Cowboy Art and Indian Art. It is not only a gallery of beautiful paintings, but it is a history lesson. It's depicts the American Cowboy and their journey west and also the American Indians and how they reacted to new people arriving to their land.

The gallery is like a maze and around each corner are many oohs and aahs. Not only are there paintings, but beautiful brass figurines, wood and stone carvings, Hopi Kachinas and even some jewelry and beautiful guns.

We were totally amazed and spent a wonderful time walking around. We will definitely be back as you cannot see everything in one visit. The best part of the visit is that it is totally free. It is not open on Saturday or Sunday.

It was very easy to find - directly down Alma School Road to left on Ocitillo and then right on Basha Rd. I heartily recommend this.

Sedona, AZ
Destination Expert
for Sedona, Arizona, Monument Valley
Level Contributor
50,766 posts
205 reviews
1. Re: Report on Basha Gallery of Western American & Native Am. Art

There is no better place to see fine western art that i know of. Sedona's own Joe Beeler is one of the best known and the Basha collection of his work is probably the best anywhere.

Mesa, Arizona
Level Contributor
9,996 posts
7 reviews
2. Re: Report on Basha Gallery of Western American & Native Am. Art

As a new resident (Nov 2011) in Mesa, I'm always looking for a nice day trip. This sounds perfect.

Owned by Basha's the supermarket people.

The gallery is located at 22402 S. Basha Rd., Chandler, Arizona 85248 and admission is free. It is open Monday through Friday from 9:00 a.m. until 4:00 p.m., but may be closed due to holidays or special events, so feel free to call ahead before you visit at 480-895-5230. For more information visit them online at:

bashas.com/OurCommunity/BashasArtGallery.aspx

link has driving directions.

Arizona
Destination Expert
for Scottsdale
Level Contributor
4,205 posts
33 reviews
3. Re: Report on Basha Gallery of Western American & Native Am. Art

I'm going! Thanks Thelrose and RR and Karen for the suggestion...sounds like a good place to spend an air conditioned day this summer! I wonder why it is not opened on the weekends.... :o(

Harleysville...
Destination Expert
for Fountain Hills
Level Contributor
4,483 posts
316 reviews
4. Re: Report on Basha Gallery of Western American & Native Am. Art

I asked the receptionist why it want open weekends and she said because its in the same building as their corporate offices and they are not open weekends. They have no official tour guides but give you a map for a self your. They also have a wonderful brochure you may take for free that describes the various artists and displays.

5. Re: Report on Basha Gallery of Western American & Native Am. Art

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:15 pm, September 18, 2015