We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Blackstone Bay Glacier Cruise

Union, Kentucky
Level Contributor
150 posts
32 reviews
Save Topic
Blackstone Bay Glacier Cruise

I was looking at the 2012 Toursaver and I'm having trouble finding info about this glacier cruise out of Whittier.

toursaver.com/blackstone-bay-glacier-cruise-…

It's the same company that does the 26 glacier cruise but I can't find anything about this one on their website.

haines, alaska
Destination Expert
for Haines
Level Contributor
7,032 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Blackstone Bay Glacier Cruise

I quick search came up with this website.......looks like it's from a few years back, though, but maybe a start.......

trainweb.org/richard/Alaska05/GD05_Blackston…

Manitoba, Canada
Level Contributor
6,894 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Blackstone Bay Glacier Cruise

Odd that they don't mention it on the Phillips' site. They're not going to have enough people booking that tour to make it worthwhile, if no one knows about it except toursaver buyers...Why don't you e-mail them and ask? (and let us know if they respond?)

For about $7 more pp (if you get the online booking discount), you can get an extra 3/4 hr. with Majormarine: majormarine.com/alaska-day-cruises/…

Time is what you need if you want to have a better chance of seeing a good calving. And unless Phillips starts advertising their tour on their website, I'd be concerned they might cancel it out from under me due to not enough people being booked.

Union, Kentucky
Level Contributor
150 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Blackstone Bay Glacier Cruise

I sent an email to Phillips and here is the response:

"The Glacier Quest cruise is our new tour for 2012. We will go around the Whittier Peninsula to see Blackstone and Beloit Glacier. There isn’t a meal provided on this cruise, however, there is a snack bar available to purchase food items.

This tour is approximately 3.75 hours long, departing Whittier at 1pm and returning at 4:45pm. The Glacier Quest boat seats up to 162 passengers. The tour dates are from 5/15/12 to 9/15/12."

4. Re: Blackstone Bay Glacier Cruise

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:16 pm, June 22, 2013