We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

visa

suffolk
Level Contributor
83 posts
43 reviews
Save Topic
visa

If I go to marsa in May and again in September will I need to get a visa for each visit or will the may one be valid for September too???

Royston
Level Contributor
1,930 posts
143 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: visa

I'm sure you will need one for each trip unless you get a longer one from the embassy.

suffolk
Level Contributor
83 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: visa

thanks for that

leics
Level Contributor
423 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: visa

Regular tourist visa you buy on entry is for a single trip. You could check with the Egyptian embassy about the cost of a multiple entry, longer lasting one.

Marsa Alam, Egypt
Level Contributor
436 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: visa

Hi it's Luke from Emperor Divers Marsa Alam and Oceans Red Sea Marsa Alam . You can indeed get multiple entry visas from the UK and this website www.worldtravelguide.net/egypt/passport-visa claims it is only 18GBP (although it does not state of this is 6 months or 12 months - you can definitely get the latter). The benefits of getting one if you are a 'regular' holidaymaker to Egypt therefore are you would save money on your second trip, and you get to walk right off the plane and be the first in the passport queue - also a nice advantage I share as a work permit holder :)

Then sit back and watch your bags come off the plane last.......

If you manage to do it, it would be good to update us here with who you contacted, how much it cost and for how long so we can advise other travellers.

All the best,

Luke.

Edited: 4:04 am, April 28, 2013
Royston
Level Contributor
1,930 posts
143 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: visa

A couple of years back we got our visas in advance from the embassy. We needed to send photos and get postal orders and send the lot off special delivery. It cost more than getting them at the airport! Skipping the visa queue was good and yes Luke our bags were last off too :)

If you get your visas at the airport get them from the bank on the left in arrivals. They are £10 uk from there. Holiday reps charge £13 at their desks! So if its £18 from the embassy to cover 2 trips plus all the extra costs its probably cheaper to get visas on arrival.

London, United...
Level Contributor
115 posts
407 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: visa

HI there ,if you are going with Thomson they deal with this .After you come through passport control and board the coach the guide comes around and takes your money ,last time we went it was £13 each or there abouts .

Kent
Destination Expert
for Egypt
Level Contributor
4,625 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: visa

Hi Luke, is that a picture you took of that turtle?

Marsa Alam, Egypt
Level Contributor
436 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: visa

Hi Steve, yes that's one of mine :)

9. Re: visa

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, May 20, 2014