We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Wine

Beverley, United...
Level Contributor
3 posts
63 reviews
Save Topic
Wine

I seem to remember reading some older reviews about wine only being served in the restaurant at the Resta Reef, Is this the case?

Does this mean you cant get a glass a wine in the bars or even at the beach bar late afternoon?

berkshire
Level Contributor
71 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Wine

Hi Beverley

Yes this is right! We are booked for Christmas and new Year and when I found this out I emailed Thomson, who, in their normal don't care attitude confirmed this! You'll see it's not in any of their brochures about this even though they should have a copy of the fact sheet from Resta saying only with meals! I don't blame the hotel but our very own tour company! I said they had missold the holiday to us, but they came back with loads of waffle! Do what we are going to do and have a good time and not worry too much and find something else to drink!! If you pm me with your email, I'll forward the emails I have from Thomson

lancs
Level Contributor
2,365 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Wine

At the moment Thomson facebook page is awash with complaints-people saying the after sales service stinks!

Edited: 3:04 am, November 16, 2012
Royston
Level Contributor
1,930 posts
139 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Wine

That's because the aftercare does stink!

We had cases damaged coming home from MA and it took them months to compensate us. The next trip they lost our transfers and nearly left us at the airport (good job we were front if the visa queue!) messed up the carpark so we had to pay £54 overstay fee!

We had a great time on holiday though.

The flight home often sells out of snacks so feed up before you leave as there us not much to buy in the way of food at the airport.

Marsa Alam, Egypt
Level Contributor
73 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Wine

Good Afternoon Beverley

This is Sherif, Hotel Manager @ Resta Reef Resort.

You are correct, wine is served during lunch and dinner times only as stipulated in all of our agreements.

However, we do offer wine outside meal times at a pretty attractive promotional price.

I remain meanwhile at your disposal for any further assistance.

Kind Regards

Sherif Afifi

Hotel Manager - Resta Reef Resort Marsa Alam

Beverley, United...
Level Contributor
3 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Wine

Thank-you for the information, and look forward to coming to the Resta Reef in December.

Linda.

Eastbourne, United...
6 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Wine

Hello Sheriff,

Does that promotion apply to the Resta Reef Grand as well? I dont drink spirits but wouldnt mind buying a glass of wine. Many thanks

7. Re: Wine

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, January 31, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Marsa Alam