We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Horse riding at Iberotel Lamaya

Which Marsa Alam hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Level Contributor
10 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Horse riding at Iberotel Lamaya

Hi all,

Im off to the Lamaya the first week of July and Id really like to do some riding while there, is it possible? What sort of trips are available? Although wondering if may be too hot for the horses

Any help greatly appreciated!!

Thanks Zofia

Marsa Alam, Egypt
Level Contributor
385 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Horse riding at Iberotel Lamaya

Hi it's Luke from Emperor Divers Marsa Alam and Oceans Red Sea Marsa Alam . I'm sure that there will be an agent at the hotel who will offer this. If you can't find one, then a guy who represents the riding stables in nearby Port Ghalib is called Oscar and I have sent you a message with his numbers on. I am not a rider myself put people I know who have been there say the horses are well kept and in good condition.

Best regards,

Luke.

Royston
Level Contributor
1,930 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Horse riding at Iberotel Lamaya

Is that the same Oscar who has the camels and horses at the three corners fayrouz plaza by any chance?

Marsa Alam, Egypt
Level Contributor
385 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Horse riding at Iberotel Lamaya

Probably - he looks a bit like a cross between Snoop Dog and Rio Ferdinand - is that any help? ;)

Level Contributor
10 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Horse riding at Iberotel Lamaya

Lol!!!

Royston
Level Contributor
1,930 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Horse riding at Iberotel Lamaya

Lol sounds like him. Nice chap. Really enjoyed our trip with him on the camels. Yes, his animals are well cared for.

Bolton, United...
Level Contributor
2 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Horse riding at Iberotel Lamaya

Hi Luke

I'm going to Marsa Alam (El Madina) on 29th January and am hoping to horse ride whilst I am there. I usually use a stables in Sharm/Sharks Bay called Edelweiss and understand from Mr Mohammed who runs it that the stables in Port Ghalib are also run by him.

I've mailed him a couple of times but am really struggling to get the location in Port Ghalib.

You mentioned a person called Oscar, do you think that could be the same academy?

many thanks for any help you can give

Frances

Marsa Alam, Egypt
Level Contributor
385 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Horse riding at Iberotel Lamaya

Hi Frances, happy to help as much as I can. There is only one horse academy inside Port Ghalib itself, though sometimes people do say Port Ghalib and Marsa Alam when talking about a much wider area. The stables are very easily located, coming in the main entrance of the port it is the first thing you see on the right before getting to any other buildings, roundabouts etc so you could always get a 'taxi' from the hotel any time and go there for a visit. If you want the numbers I have for Oscar, then let me know and I will provide by PM.

Best regards,

Luke

East Sussex
Level Contributor
70 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Horse riding at Iberotel Lamaya

Hi Luke we are going to Marsa Alam again in Feb, could you please PM the number for oscar as I'm sure myself and the girls would love to go riding. many thanks lisa

London, United...
Level Contributor
36 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Horse riding at Iberotel Lamaya

We stayed at the Resta Reef in December and went horse riding with Oscar. One of his representatives comes to the hotel so we booked it through him, the cost was £25 each for an hour, which included a taxi there and back (as others have said, he is in Port Ghalib)

The horses are very small and a lot thinner than we are used to here, the guy that took us out said they were crosses between Arabians and European horses, they were all shod which surprised me and seemed to me to be in OK condition.

You can't ride on the beach / sea as it's very rocky so we just walked around the marina in Port Ghalid. Mainly walking, a bit of trotting then at the end he tried to get the horses to canter but they didn't really want to, and as I have my own horse at home, wasn't particularly fussed about not. They took absolutely no notice of my leg aids, in fact responded more to the guy's whistling at them!

I've got a couple of photos if you want to message me an email address as I don't think I can post photos here.

Bolton, United...
Level Contributor
2 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Horse riding at Iberotel Lamaya

many thanks for your help Luke, really appreciated. By the away, last time I was in Marsa Alam I went on one of the Oceans Red Sea boats trips and it was a great day, highly recommended!

Get answers to your questions about Marsa Alam
Recent Conversations