We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Marsa Alam end of July-unbearably hot?????

Which Marsa Alam hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
lancs
Level Contributor
2,354 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
Marsa Alam end of July-unbearably hot?????

Hi. Can anyone comment on the weather here at this time of year? IS there a breeze that somehow makes the heat more bearable or is it just a stifling heat? We would prefer to do July but all depends on the weather feedback! Thanks.

Luxembourg
Level Contributor
5,415 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Marsa Alam end of July-unbearably hot?????

Hot yes but not unbearable, here is an extract of a review I wrote last July, I like to add the younger people in our dive group just loved the temp, depends what you call stiffling heat, the resorts are near the sea so there is always some air movement :

“ El Quseir news. ”

Jul 28, 2011, 12:57 PM

Came back for a week of diving July 19 to 26. Was a bit concerned about the heat, but it was manageable, temperatures for the first 3 days were a reasonable 34 - 36°C dropping to 27 - 28° at night, however the last 4 days were hot at 38 - 39° and not much cooling down at night, no real breeze either. I always stay at the Flamenco Beach & Resort and dive with the Pharaoh Dive Club.

lancs
Level Contributor
2,354 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Marsa Alam end of July-unbearably hot?????

Thank you . We have been to Mexico in June and found the heat manageable there. We are going to Turkey this summer and my friend has said it will be really hot there.

WALES, UK
Level Contributor
551 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Marsa Alam end of July-unbearably hot?????

Hi again

It will b hot in turkey we've been in August a few times and are going again the 23 rd July this year for 2 weeks but I always find Egypt hotter but do think u get a bit more of a breeze in Egypt, we love Egypt and turkey but would pick Egypt over turkey any day.

romford
Level Contributor
4,449 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Marsa Alam end of July-unbearably hot?????

Hi westieman,

We have been to Turkey twice in August and Egypt several times in August, and although I found Egypt hotter than Turkey I found it more bearable as the humidity is very low and there is usuallly a lovely breeze in the mornings.

We went to Aruba 2 years ago in August and it was VERY humid, and have found myself booking Mexico for this August. Am just hoping that the swim up room we have booked will help me keep cool with the himidity LOL!

Pat

lancs
Level Contributor
2,354 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Marsa Alam end of July-unbearably hot?????

You will LOVE Mexico. The service is out of this world!!!!

6. Re: Marsa Alam end of July-unbearably hot?????

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:42 pm, June 22, 2013
Get answers to your questions about Marsa Alam