We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Le Meridien Building Works

Cotswolds, UK
1 post
1 review
Save Topic
Le Meridien Building Works

We are planning a stay in Le Meridien, Bora Bora in late January 2005. We are concerned that there are ongoing buiding works next to the hotel which may spoil our enjoyment. We've sent an e-mail to the hotel aking how much disruption they are anticipating but they have been very non- comittal. We'd be grateful for any news or views on this.ThanksChris

Brisbane, Australia
1 post
Save Reply
1. Re: Le Meridien Building Works

Interesting news to me. We have booked in for late February and not even been advised about this. Do you know what they are constructing? You would expect your travel agent to advise you on this - in my case I am the travel agent! I will find out what I can and post another message if I get anymore information than you already have.

Sydney, NSW
3 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Le Meridien Building Works

Oh my gosh, we have confirmed but not yet paid for our honeymoon for late Jan05-Feb05. Our travel agent has not mention of any construction works.

Please let us know if you find out anything Nat.

Much appreciated

Jen

Canada
2 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Le Meridien Building Works

I have just returned from French Polynesia, ( Nov 30/04) and I can update you on construction on Bora Bora. Of the 4 Society Islands we visited Bora Bora is the island with the most construction under way. Atleast 4 or 5 new hotels under construction now. A very busy place. My favourite place was Tahaa. Mind you we stayed on a 47 foot catamaran so it was pretty peaceful most of the time.

I will gladly answer any questions

MB

Canada

Sydney, NSW
3 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Le Meridien Building Works

Hi MB

We are looking at staying with Le Meridien Bora Bora.. are they one of those you mentioned under construction. Is the construction major or minor ? And what kind of construction ?

Plzz enlighten us... **panick**

Cheers

Jen

la plata
1 post
Save Reply
5. Re: Le Meridien Building Works

we are planing to spend our holidays in there too we would like to go there in april but we haven t confirmed nothing so please let us know if the construcion will spoil the enjoyment...

i wrote to the le meridien too, these was their answer:

Ia orana ,

>

>Sometimes it is noisy .It depends where you are located .

>Regards

i am grateful for any news, thanks marge

Canada
2 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Le Meridien Building Works

Construction is not what we experience here in North America, but for such a tranquil place it is a bit disturbing. I'm sure it will not take away from the atmosphere that is truly amazing. Enjoy

kcr
CA
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Le Meridien Building Works

ANy updates on this from people that have been recently? We will be there at the end of March?

S.F.
Level Contributor
6,312 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Le Meridien Building Works

I will say this again and I'm sorry for repeating myself or sounding smug. I'm glad I went when I did (80-85 7 times) The French have allowed Bora Bora to become ruined. You people are stating just what I despise, five new hotels are being built. Where the heck are they going to go? On the motu's that's where. It ruins the vistas and blights the last remaining outposts of this once magical place. I'd like to know who is staying in these places and how the &%#@ they can afford it. Hotel Bora Bora used to be about 100 bucks a night for a garden bungalow. Overwaters were about 200. It was owned my Mr. Long of Long's Drugs. had beers with his family a few times, and was often there with the hotels most long term client. The Hotel attracted good solid folks who saved their money and some rich as well. now it's all rich. I wrote a letter to Hotel Bora's longest standing client who I met during 4 of my seven trips there. he said I would be shocked and bitterly disappointed by what has become of that once magical place. I won't deny it's beauty, it's the most incredible place I've ever been. But you folks who venture there today are seeing a shell of it's former self. I'd love to see a boycott, have a bunch of these joints torn down and prices return to a semblance of sanity.