We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Thalasso transfer charges to get to the island?

Minneapolis
11 posts
Save Topic
Thalasso transfer charges to get to the island?

Can anyone clarify for me what the charges are to travel from the hotel over to Le Moana or just to the island to go shopping? The only charge I see is for the airport transfer. Thanks!

santa barbara,CA
Destination Expert
for French Polynesia, Cook Islands, Tahiti
Level Contributor
8,493 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Thalasso transfer charges to get to the island?

Hi Julien:

There is no charge to travel back and forth from the Thalasso to the Le Moana! The boat leaves throughout the day and the last boat back to the Thalasso is at 10:00pm which is plenty of time to get back if you are going out to dinner. There are a few small restaurants within walking distance of the Le Moana and also a small market called the Tiare Market. There is a bus that runs twice a day from the Le Moana into the main town of Viatape and there is a charge. I can't remember what it was but it was nominal, all things considered.

sunny regards,

shully

Texas
Level Contributor
898 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Thalasso transfer charges to get to the island?

The IC Thalasso boat transfer, to IC Le Moana dock / Bora Bora Island, is free.

There a fee of 800cfp RT per person for the Shuttles Bus to Vaitape.

Here’s the boat schedule from September 2006.

Hope this help.

www.dotphoto.com/Go.asp…

Minneapolis
11 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Thalasso transfer charges to get to the island?

That is great news. We have reservations one night at Villa Mahana, I take it there are taxis then that you would take or will they pick you up? Our reservation is for 7pm and with the last boat leaving at 10pm is this going to be a foot race to make it back home?

santa barbara,CA
Destination Expert
for French Polynesia, Cook Islands, Tahiti
Level Contributor
8,493 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Thalasso transfer charges to get to the island?

Hi Julien:

No worries about your reservation at Villa Mahana at 7:00pm. Just have the Thalasso confirm your reservation with Villa Mahana as they will do the transfer for you! They just add it on to your dinner tab. They will pick you up at the Le Moana and will bring you back as well. We had dinner at 7:00pm and had plenty of time to get back for the last boat. We were back by about 9:30pm.

sunny regards,

shully

5. Re: Thalasso transfer charges to get to the island?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:18 pm, August 26, 2009