We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

activities to do at moorea vs. bora bora

ny
Level Contributor
36 posts
Save Topic
activities to do at moorea vs. bora bora

I'm planning to visit both moorea and bora bora next september and am still unsure how to divide out time. It seems that there are much more activities at moorea so we may stay there longer.

We will either stay at Moorea 6 days, Bora Bora 3 days vs. Moorea 5 days, Bora Bora 4 days (depending on which package seems to hold the best value). (Most likely Moorea Pearl and IC Thalasso or Pearl at BB)

Can anyone suggest which may be the better option?

Also, which activities would you do at Moorea vs. Bora Bora?

Besides snorkeling and loungin, the ones we are interested in are:

- Jet skiing - sounds like BB is better for this

- Parasailing - sounds like Moorea may be better

- Shark/ray feeding with motu picnic

- Pearl shopping

- Sunset sail

- 4x4 jeep safari

- massages

- touring both islands

Thanks!!

North Carolina USA
Level Contributor
1,356 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: activities to do at moorea vs. bora bora

I think which activities you do are truly depend on your time on each island and which hotel you are staying at. Keep in mind that you are paying a lot of money for your resort, so try to not fill every minute with act ivies as the snorkeling all over FP is amazing. Our main activities were snorkeling, making love and eating.

In Moorea, we did Dr Poole’s Whale and Dolphin watch excursion. This was fantastic. We came upon a mother whale and her calf. We stayed with her for about an hour and she was only 30 feet from the boat at times. We then moved on and saw two troops of spinner dolphins. Further on we saw a male humpback whale that showed his tail. It was truly amazing.

We rented a car in both Moorea and Bora Bora. We really enjoyed the ability to tour the Islands at our own pace. Tip for Moorea only: we picked up the car at 2 PM and were able to keep it until 9AM the next day. It was only 5500. We paid almost twice as much for a four hour rental from Eurocar in Bora Bora as we did from Albert’s in Moorea.

We went on a shark and Ray feed excursion in Bora Bora, it was arranged by the Sofitel and it was a circle island tour also. I was a little disappointed as we spent much more time boating around in an outrigger canoe than actual time in the water with the sharks and the string rays.

The best thing we did on Bora Bora was the sunset cruise. It was with Taaroa III from 4:45-7:30. Dave and I sat on the net of the catamaran and we felt like we were floating over the water. The views were spectacular but I think it was better after the stars came out. They gave us a cocktail and we had bought some Tahiti drink, so we had a nice buzz going for the trip. It was the best excursion we did.

Texas
Level Contributor
898 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: activities to do at moorea vs. bora bora

If you are staying at the IC Thalasso:

-Jet-Ski (at the resort, it will save you traveling time)

-Massages at the Algotherm Ocean Spa in an bungalow room with glass bottom floors over lagoon water . Spend time to relax afterward using the Spa facilities. It was a wonderful experience.

3. Re: activities to do at moorea vs. bora bora

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:23 am, August 27, 2009