We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Walk between Intercontinental Thalasso and Le Meridien?

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
79 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Walk between Intercontinental Thalasso and Le Meridien?

Can you walk between these two resorts? If so about how long is it?

Perth
2 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Walk between Intercontinental Thalasso and Le Meridien?

Would really love to know if this is possible too? Would be great to stay at the Le Meridien and walk to the Thalasso for a spa treatment or vice versa to walk from the Thalasso and see the turtle sanctuary?? Any help with this would be great..

New York, New York...
Level Contributor
13 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Walk between Intercontinental Thalasso and Le Meridien?

I would be interested to know as well. Will be there in 3 weeks!

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
1,179 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Walk between Intercontinental Thalasso and Le Meridien?

I have read a post saying that you can use GPS to get there (walking through dense vegetation) and that it takes around 30 min. Have a look at Foto-Julius.at

We will be there next month and will check it out.

santa barbara,CA
Destination Expert
for French Polynesia, Cook Islands, Tahiti
Level Contributor
8,498 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Walk between Intercontinental Thalasso and Le Meridien?

Hi all,

Sorry to inform but...It is not possible to walk between the Le Meridien and IC Thalasso in Bora Bora. It is Private property just next to-between the IC Thalasso & Le Meridien...and the owner has loose dogs to prove it. Certainly you can make advance arrangements via concierge for spa appointments, dinner reservations etc...and then visit. But just showing up unannounced via kayak... you will most likely be asked to depart. These are small exclusive properties with security for their guests.

sunny regards,

shully

Edited: 5:11 pm, June 18, 2014
5. Re: Walk between Intercontinental Thalasso and Le Meridien?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may repost if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 11:24 am, June 19, 2014
United Kingdom
Level Contributor
1,179 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Walk between Intercontinental Thalasso and Le Meridien?

Based on your advice, Shully, we won't bother checking out the Thalasso. It's not really worth it.

7. Re: Walk between Intercontinental Thalasso and Le Meridien?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may repost if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 2:32 am, August 12, 2015
Edited: 2:32 am, August 12, 2015
Near Future
Level Contributor
496 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Walk between Intercontinental Thalasso and Le Meridien?

Is the entire section between the 2 hotels privately owned including the rocky ocean side beach? Are coastlines in FP public or are some private?

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
3 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Walk between Intercontinental Thalasso and Le Meridien?

Hi, I just google mapped it and seems there is a walkway on the ocean side between the two resorts. The "owner's" building is on the lagoon side. I will be there early March 2015. IH Thalasso, here we come :) can't wait!

Edited: 8:28 pm, July 23, 2014
Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
79 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Walk between Intercontinental Thalasso and Le Meridien?

I'm not sure, we google mapped it before we went as well and my husband also said there was a road along the ocean side but if you read Shully's post above it's private property so we didn't bother. Plus we were enjoying the Thalasso and had no reason to leave :-)