We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Long flight Dangerous??

Rapid City, South...
Level Contributor
630 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Long flight Dangerous??

This may seem like a dumb question but we will be traveling on the 8 hour flight from lax to tahiti(after 2 other flights) And everyone keeps saying to beware of blood clots! especially if your a female on the pill... Im now starting to get really paranoid about it. Has anyone heard of this or does anyone have concerns or advice about this topic??? Thanks!

Seattle, WA
Level Contributor
33 posts
Save Reply
11. Re: Long flight Dangerous??

You really shouldn't worry about it. I've done the 9+ hour flight from Seattle to London more than 1/2 a dozen times and have never had (or heard of anybody having) a problem. My best advice for long flights is to either a) fall asleep as soon as you can or b) get up and move as much as possible. I have a very hard time sleeping on planes so I just get up and walk around for 10 - 15 minutes at a time every few hours. It helps to stretch the legs and move around the cabin a bit. Talk to your doctor if you're really nervous.

12. Re: Long flight Dangerous??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:16 pm, August 14, 2009